Sunday, January 15, 2012

"A Deal" is an Understatement



So, the other day I was in a Raleigh N.C. store, Fashion Ave, a small chain, clothing store that has a better shoe section than clothes by far. I was actually their with a friend as he looked for a pair of J's with some Carolina blue on them for his son to wear on his little league basketball team when I walked over to their always offered, "buy one get one half off" and "buy one get one free" section, in which you can sometimes find some sweet models and color ways at great deals. Well on this particular day, they had a section on the floor that had some out dated, generic, hideous stuff in it, accompanied by a sign that read $1. Now most everything below this sign was probably only worth that but I noticed a pair with in the group that  stood out. A kids size 3.5 Nike Air Hurache 2k4 in the White/Bar/Army Olive/ Pine Green colorway, a rare Hurache 2k4 with the Air Max system that I owned in a blue/white and red colorway. Just so happens, my 5 year old son wears a 3 so I picked up the shoe and looked under the bottom and it had a sales price of $40 which I thought was not that bad, but with them sitting in the $1 section, though I was sure they had placed them there by mistake, I asked "how much are these?" The sales associate said $1. So because of how quick she answered I figured she assumed I had one of the other generic kicks in my hand so I said, "No I mean these Nike's right here", as I held them up in my hand. She said, "yeah, $1". So immediately I took this pair of Nike Air Max Hurache 2K4's, which they had just that one pair of in which my son can wear,  directly to the counter. My total? $1.07!!! SWEEEET! The best deal I've ever had on a pair of kicks. How do you top that? I guess a free pair.
Later

My boy is a lil 6yr old baller. I may let him wear them in his last game of his mighty might league season. He'll get some buckets in these!!!!




The color way of the 2k4 that I owned a few yrs back


Follow Me.....www.twitter.com/hoopz777

No comments:

Post a Comment